Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vacation Day 1 - Orlando

Its vacation day 1, we weren't suppose to be on vacation yet, but I got my way and we left early!  I had been wanting to visit Orlando for a couple days and see some sights so instead of flying out Friday night mom changed our flight to Thursday morning.  I didn't realize the flight was Thursday morning (I thought Thursday night) but I found something else I wanted to do! 

The kids saw the 4th of July signs at the airport and wanted their picture taken.  Our flight was suppose to leave at 7:20, which meant we had to be at the airport early!  Right before we were to board, they announced that the plane had some issues with the landing gear and they were going to check it out and try to fix it.  Unfortunately, they weren't able to do that and I got a phone call saying our flight was CANCELLED!  WHAT, are you kidding me!

Of course, I am sitting right there at the airport.  When I go to the desk they tell me and many others they are working to find us new flights, just to be patient.  They start calling passengers to the counter to get their new flight information (there are two flights leaving within the hour).  People keep getting called and I am just waiting.  Finally, it looks like they are done and I start to wonder what is going on.  I go to the counter and ask about us.  It seems they misplaced our passes to the next flight which is loaded and ready to go.  They tell us they will call down to the gate and have them hold the plane but we have to go NOW!  Did I mention we are at gate C 29 and we have to go to C4?  I have never had to do the airport sprint before and don't want to again!

We made it!  I told the kids on the way their that they may have to sit by themselves because the seats would be full and we would have to take what we got, but its amazing when you start throwing kids in between adults how fast they are willing to move!  Our non-stop flight turned into a layover in Panama City.  We did eventually land in Orlando only about two hours behind and our luggage made it also!

 After our airport fun it was off to the Nickelodeon hotel.  As many times as we have been to Orlando and passed this hotel I have wanted to stay and check it out.  It has two water playgrounds for the kids and many other fun activities for the kids.
 This was funny and I didn't even notice, it was Thomas who pointed it out...but our room number was 1155...which also happens to be our house number!
I got a themed room and chose the Jimmy Neutron room.  The rooms were nice, they were basically two bedrooms one a kid suite the other an adult room.

Water playground one, the Oasis pool.  This pool had one play structure with one big slide and two smaller ones.



 Water playground two, the Lagoon pool.  Had a massive play structure with lots of slides!  The kids loved it.


 One of the extras you can get is slimed.  I didn't pay for that extra, but everyday they do a massive sliming for free.  We did this.  Here it comes...(the kids didn't want to but I made them!)
 If you look closely you can see the green droplets on the kids.





 I made dinner reservations for a character dinner with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  They were great, interactive and fun.


We also enjoyed a show of Double Dare Live.  I used to watch that game show all the time and so wanted to be on it!  After that the kids wanted to head back to the pool and Tyler played some putt putt!  We enjoyed our time at the hotel and are really looking forward to our day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I used to watch double date also, how fun! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete