Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day

January 7, 2010
Snow days are one things teachers love to look forward to! So even though we just went back to school when the weather reports started calling for snow I was very excited! Going to bed last night our school system was not closed which meant I had to set the alarm clock and get up at 5 to check the weather report!

Schools closed! I got to sleep in till about 8 and soon after getting up this was the picture outside. Even though we didn't get as much as they were predicting it was still a nice picture!
I called to the kids to see if they wanted to go play in the dusting outside and Tyler and Tapanga jumped at the chance to play outside. Tanner on the other hand didn't want to go and so stayed inside.
Tapanga can be very particular sometimes, so I was really surprised she enjoyed playing in the snow so much! She had a good time playing with Tyler outside.
Tyler loved laying down in the snow and so Tapanga had to copy! The snow was very light and powdery, so Tyler liked to sprinkle it around and make it look like it was snowing some more. Tyler threw a snow patch at Tapanga and I thought she would get upset, but instead laughed and giggled as she ran from him!

Tyler and Tapanga enjoyed their few minutes outside in the snow and I enjoyed my snow day in my pj's!

No comments:

Post a Comment