Monday, November 1, 2010

1st nine weeks Awards Ceremony

The boys school does an award ceremony each nine weeks. Grade levels are awarded at different times throughout the day. I was very surprised and excited when I got the note that Tanner would be awarded during the first ceremony!

I think Tanner was happy I was there!
First awards are for perfect attendance. Tanner and Tyler have both been present everyday up to this point, but Tanner was the only one to be called up for his award. (Mrs. Randolph is new to Liberty and didn't know that this was part of the ceremony, she had already sent Tylers home with him.)
Tanner was super excited to get his award, but to be truthful I was thinking I hope I didn't come just to see him get an attendance award (I had to get special permission to leave school for the ceremony). Liberty also hands out P.R.I.D.E awards where each letter stands for a special characteristic that students could portray. P stands for positive Attitude, R for respect, I for initiative, D for dependability, and E for effort. I was hoping that Tanner might be getting one of these...and he did!
Tanner was awarded the Initiative award for his classroom...which so fits Tanners personality! I was so proud of him, he is doing great!
When the boys got home we got a picture of both of them with their perfect attendance awards (unfortunately neither will get this award again this year, because since this point they both missed days because of being sick)! It is so exciting to celebrate the achievements of your children and it makes me so proud when they do great things! Good job Tanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment