Monday, March 29, 2010

Joys 30th Birthday

It is time to celebrate Joys 30th birthday. I had been thinking for a long time that I wanted to throw her a surprise costume party, but then a few months before she decides she wants her friends to go with her and play laser tag. So, there go my plans! :)

So, on Saturday Thomas and I went over to the Nelson house to grab a ride with them to Nashville. Joys sister, her boyfriend, and brother were to meet us downtown, but when we got down there they weren't there yet and after waiting a bit we decided to go ahead and play.

Laser tag was a lot of fun. The place was done up really cool and there was lots of space to run and play. Our first game was a little more fun than the 2nd, because there were some kids in the 2nd game that were loud and annoying. Also, during the 2nd game they turned on the fog machine and it really played with my contacts. I would really like to go back and play again, Thomas and I enjoyed ourselves greatly.
After playing laser tag, Joy siblings show up and because a party was coming into the laser tag place we couldn't play another game. Instead, we headed to Joys restaurant of choice Buca di Beppo. We had never been here, but had heard good things about this place.
We had to wait for a few minutes before getting seated, but when they finally did take us back, I found it cool that they have one table right in the kitchen. What a great seat that would be! The decorations for this restaurant were a little different and there were decorations EVERYWHERE!
The food was served family style, meaning that you didn't just order a meal for yourself. Instead when you order you either get a small portion that feeds about 3 people or large which serves 5-6. Joys sister and group shared with Thomas and I because we were ordering the same things. The food was ok, I wouldn't say the greatest, because it didn't have enough sauce for my taste. The portions though were HUGE, look at the meatballs and lasagna!
After eating our fill of dinner, Joy and I got our free cupcakes since we were both celebrating birthdays...mine is only a week later than hers. But, Thomas and I also wanted a regular dessert, since we were breaking our diets might as well break them good! We ordered the big brownie sundae to share with everyone...Joy really enjoyed it!I don't know why I look like such a freak in this picture..but ah well!
Joy had a great idea on how to celebrate her birthday and I am glad she wanted us to come and be a part of it with her! Happy 30th Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment