Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Awards Day

At the end of each nine weeks, the boys school hands out awards. Parents are sent invitations if their child is to receive one. I saw on the school calendar that the awards were coming up, but hadn't gotten an invitation so I figured we weren't getting one. Two days before the ceremony, both boys bring an invitation home.

Since Kindergarten doesn't give actual grades I thought, wow both boys are getting an award I need to go! Tanner received the "I" award last nine weeks and I kind of thought he might get the Star Student award this time, but I wasn't sure what Tyler would get (he is not the best student, but...?).

So, I am waiting through the ceremony, they hand out Perfect Attendance (both boys missed a day because of illness), "P", "R", "I", "D", "E" and no Bowers boys get called up...??? Ok, well I was thinking Tanner could get Star Student, but Tyler?

I was very happy when Tanner got Pride Star Citizen for Mrs. Geers class!!! He is a super good boy and his teacher noticed also!
Tyler never did get called during the assembly. Ms. Randolph said that they would be doing grade awards back in the classroom and I was welcome to come and watch. This is what Tyler was going to get. I am not going to lie, I was a little disappointed, I thought Tyler might be getting another award because of the invitation, but oh well! He did get the straight A's award, as much trouble as he is, he is very smart! I think he was pretty proud of himself and I know I am! Tanners class also gave out grade awards, which Tanner also got a straight A award!
The Kindergarten teachers count up all the mastered objectives and average them with the taught objectives to determine if students get A/B or straight A honor roll! Thomas and I have two very smart little boys and we couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment