Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dressing Up

The other night we were talking about cruise attire for our upcoming cruise and mom says, "I still have that dress you wore when you were a flower girl!" So she runs to go get it....this dress has been hanging in a closet for 28 years in a plastic bag. When mom comes back it looks like it has some stains on it, but mom says, "Lets wash it and see if they come out." After running through the washing machine the dress comes out looking almost like new. Its a size 4T so it should fit Tapanga! Lets try it on her!

Now, I think I need to stop here and mention that I don't have many to any clothes from my childhood and this is actually the first thing that Tapanga could wear that I did. Of course, Tapanga was in 7th heaven, after all it was a "princess" dress and she was all giddy with excitement!
I wore this dress for a cousins wedding in Gatlinburg back in the early 80's...check out the fashions back then!
As much fun as it was to play dress up with Tapanga, I don't think she will be wearing this dress anywhere in public! :)

2 comments:

  1. oh I think you should have her wear that as her cruise dress:)love the fashions!

    ReplyDelete