Monday, February 7, 2011

The Snow We Were NOT Expecting!!!

The weather reports all weekend have talked about the 2 systems coming towards us in the coming week. Temperatures over the weekend were relatively high and so people were not as concerned with Mondays system because of the warmer ground temperatures. When the alarm went off Monday morning I did check the news to see if we were out for the day, just in case they decided to be cautious.


Everything looked normal and so we got ready for school and headed out. I kept an eye on the weather all morning, expecting the schools to dismiss early in anticipation of the coming system, but the call just wasn't coming!!! (I was frustrated) 8th grade had just sat down for lunch at 10:00 when the call finally came, that we would dismiss 2 hours early. It looked like this was a late call...the snow was already sticking!!!

Middle schools dismissed at 12:05, this is two hours early for us! I decided that I would go and get the boys from school, because the ground was looking awfully slick already and they wouldn't be getting off the bus till about 2:30 if I waited for them! I am so glad I decided to do this, the ground was so slick and I just couldn't imagine them on a big bus driving through this mess!

I should mention that during the morning news we were predicted to get about 1 inch of snow, by the time I left school we were predicted to get 3 to 5 inches!

Thomas got released early from work and he picked Tapanga up from daycare and we pulled into the driveway at about the same time. We already had about 2 inches of snow and the boys wanted to play in it sooooo bad! I told Thomas that the snow was a good wet snow, a good snowman snow and that he needed to build a snowman with them!

He went out and built one the deck! The kids had a great time playing in the snow!
I am very thankful I went and got the boys from school early, about 30 buses had trouble delivering students home in this unexpected snow. I don't believe Tanner and Tylers was one of these, but it made me feel so much better knowing they were safe with me at home instead of waiting for them to get off the bus! One inch turned to about 3.5 at our house!

Now the question is what will round two bring on Wednesday?

1 comment:

  1. you got some great pics! i ahve been so lazy and hardly got any snow pics!

    ReplyDelete