Monday, May 3, 2010

Flood

For two days it rained continuously and what happened then was never expected...flooding! When I say flooding, you may think a little here or there, but no...this is more flooding than I have ever seen before or probably will ever again.

In Clarksville we have two rivers that run through, the Cumberland overflowed its banks covered Riverside Drive, went across Riverside and went inside buildings on the other side of the road. Business and restaurants that we frequented were devastated and it is so hard to believe what Mother Nature can and did do.
I had seen parts of Riverside flooded before, but never like this, never to this extant. If I think Clarksville got it bad, Nashville even got it worse! The devastation I have been watching on the news is so very hard to believe. Opryland Hotel, one of the biggest attractions in Tennessee, was evacuated Sunday night. 1500 guests were transported by bus to a shelter set up in a local high school and now the pictures we are seeing come out of Opryland look awful. A place where we have stayed many times is now under 10 ft. of water in some places and closed indefinitely.

I feel like all I have done lately is watch the news and look at the devastation. My heard is sad for all that has been lost and all that has to be done in time ahead to get us back to where we use to be. I do look forward though to the day when I can visit Nashville and the flood waters are just a memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment