Friday, August 6, 2010

Tanner and the Smart Cycle

Tanner has really been enjoying playing the Smart Cycle lately. He usually plays the Scooby Doo game Falling Fruit and the purpose of this game is to line up 3 of the same type of fruit together. After finishing he loves to come tell me his score, but he isn't really sure on how to read this score so often times he comes and says, "What does a 3 and a 2 make?" In which I reply, "32."

The other day he came to me, "What does a 5 and a 5 make (holding up his hands with 5 on each)?" My reply, "55." "Oh, I just scored 55!" is his reply and he runs off.

3 minutes later he comes back holding out his hands, "5 and 5 make 10, not 55. So, my score was 10!" "No, 5 and 5 make 55 not 10...5 plus 5 makes 10." "Mom, 5 and 5 (still looking at his fingers) makes 10!" "Ok, Tanner whatever, but were the numbers written next to each other? If they were written next to each other without a plus sign then its 55!"

Its funny how his brain works sometimes as he is learning and trying to figure things out! Maybe this is a sign he is going to be good at math!

No comments:

Post a Comment