Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tapangas Actual Birthday

Its Tapanga's birthday and she has chosen to eat her birthday dinner at Chuck E. Cheese. Now, we normally don't go to places like this when the kids choose their restaurant they choose restaurants, but we thought we would give it a shot this time. I called Joy and invited her and the girls to join us.

When we got there, we ran into Laura and Melissa and their kids. Levi and Landons birthday is the same day as Tapangas and they too wanted to go to CEC...how funny we should all run into each other like this!

We were having a good time and talking about the joint birthday party we were planning when Julia started choking on something. We all turned to look, Melissa ran over to where she was and Laura who was holding Loni and sitting backwards in a booth fell out of the booth and onto the ground. When I saw Laura fall I ran around to where she was at and got there just as she was trying to get back up. Laura handed Loni to me and was hurt. She had scraped herself pretty bad and was in some pain.

After a little bit, Laura decided she needed to go to the chiropractor. She called them and they could get her in right before closing. She must have been in pain, because she didn't waste much time in getting out of CEC leaving all four kids including mommy's girl, Loni. I was a little worried about her leaving Loni, she can be a fussy baby and she is a boob baby...but we managed! At some point while I was holding her she fell asleep and although I was getting tired, I didn't want her to wake up because I didn't know how much longer Laura would be. I held her almost the whole time we were there and so didn't get to enjoy Tapangas party as much as would have normally. But I am Lauras friend and she needed us to help her and I am glad I was there to do that!

We had brought a birthday cake for Tapanga and all the grandparents came to enjoy Tapanga birthday. It was great to be able to spend the day with our friends even though there was an accident and Laura got hurt. Tapanga enjoyed herself and that is also what matters most.

When we got home Tapanga got the extra surprise of her new Princess bike, which she absolutely loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment