Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tanners First Full Day

It is Tanner's day to go to school! Tyler got to go on Tuesday, but Tanner goes on Thursday and he couldn't wait!Thomas and I greeted him as he came off the bus and he couldn't stop talking! Right away he said, "I had a good day!"

Tanner had watched me take notes while talking to Tyler on Tuesday and he was waiting for me to take notes on his day. When he saw Grammie and Grandma he was so excited for them to read the notes, like they would explain the whole day and he just had to share it! Tanners notes for his day:
"Ms. Geer wasn't there today, but I had to take tests."
"What kind of tests did you take?"
"Stand on one foot and count and letters."

"I went to 3 classes, one was art, we made dots. One was computers, but we didn't get to do much because two kids had to go to the potty. And 3 others."

"3 other classes, what were they?"
"I don't remember."
"Was on gym?" shake no
"Was one music?" shake no
"was one another persons class?" "Yes"

"For lunch, I typed in my number, ate pizza, white milk, and half an apple!"

"What did you think of the bus?"
"Fun"

"We are going to gym class next time."

"Did you meet any new friends?"
"I just had fun with new people that was it."

"Did you have nap time, did you fall asleep?"
"Just one minute then I woke up."

I was a little upset to hear that Mrs. Geer wasn't at school on Tanners first day. These first few days are important for the students to learn about school and their teacher to learn their new students. But as a teacher I understand sometimes the best laid plans, just don't work out!

Tanner had a great day and keeps asking how many days till his next day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment