Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July

July 5
Normally for July 4th we have a huge party at our house, we grill out, we shoot fireworks, the whole shebang. This year though, with our house not complete, Thomas just wasn't into it like normal, so he and I worked at Karl's fireworks tent instead (usually we leave around 2). As the evening rolled in the weather got rough and we actually had tornado warnings. This caused Ft. Campbell to postpone their fireworks presentation till the next night.

Since Thomas and I weren't working the 5th, I thought why don't we just bring the kids to Ft. Campbell, we can let them ride a few rides at the carnival and then we can watch the fireworks. So, that was our plan.

We parked right next to some train tracks and I took a couple cute shots of the boys on them.


Thomas wanted to play this game, you were suppose to shoot out the entire star, you had 100 shots to do it in. He played twice and barely missed it both times.
Of course, the boys had to ride the motorcycles.

Tapanga and mommy rode the carousal.
The kids all played the fishing game where the boys won baseball bats and Tapanga a baton.
No carnival is complete without the race cars.

Tyler and Tanner wanted to jump on the trampolines so we let them do this also.
After running out of money, we set up or blanket in the parade field to get ready for the fireworks. There weren't to many people around so the kids were able to run around and play. One little girl came up and wanted to play with the boys. It was funny she said, "Hi, I am four and when I turn five I am going to have a little brother." I think this was news to her mom and dad.

Oh look its all three of the kids, looking somewhat cute!
The fireworks were a pretty show, I think they messed up a little, because I think the finale happened in the middle instead of at the end.
Tyler, who is usually really afraid, did a really good job watching the fireworks, while sitting in daddy's lap.

I think the kids had a good time. It was nice family time for us all!

1 comment:

  1. you took some great pics on the train tracks! too funny about the strange girl, lol!

    ReplyDelete