Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adventure Science Center

July 17
I haven't been to the Adventure Science Center since I was a kid, this was before its name change and the huge renovation that they underwent a few years ago. So, when we were looking for something to do on Friday we decided to head to it.

We arrived around 10:30 and bought tickets for the Planetarium show, so off to the right was some space explorations the kids could encounter. Here the boys are trying to shoot off bottle rockets.
We are getting ready for the planetarium show, Astronaut, which showed us what astronauts go through in order to go to space.
One of the huge differences from when I was a kid was the Adventure Tower, that was added to the middle of the center. This tower is an interactive tower full of things for the kids to climb on and through, activities for them to experience, and most of all a climb in which they could go all the way up to the roof.


The boys experimenting with electricity.Can you lift the car?

Of course, Tyler would find the car to play with.
Tyler really enjoyed playing with a putting together the pvc pipes.In the body section of the science center, the boys could play around with a water aspect that had to do with systems of the body like the blood flow.

Do we have a future doctor in our midst?One of the areas of the center allowed kids to experience handicaps, this one of course is the wheelchair experience.

We were a little time crunched because we had to be back in town for the daycare at 3, so we didn't get to see and experience everything. One of the other issues I had with the Science Center is how wide open it was, I felt like I couldn't just let the kids run and play because there are so many different areas. I was really glad that I didn't bring Tapanga because I wouldn't have been able to keep up with her and the boys. Overall, we had a good time and I did buy a membership so we will go back and bring daddy so he can play too!

No comments:

Post a Comment