Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vacation Bible School

June 22 -26
Over the last year anytime we would go by or go to NPUMC the boys would say "this is my bible school". They really had a good time at VBS last year and were really excited about this years VBS. The theme was Camp Edge and had a camping theme, which is kind of funny because it wasn't to long ago that we went camping.

With different colors each day, a different bible lesson, crafts, music, and outside play time the boys were super excited.

On Monday, it was blue day...Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be afraid, for I am your GOD. (Isaiah 41:10)

Tuesday, yellow day...I am the Lord your God, who teaches you for your own good, who leads you in the way you should go. (Isaiah 48:17B)

Wednesday, green day...You call me teacher and Lord-and you are right for that is what I am. (John 13:13)

Thursday, red day...This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. (John 15:12)

Friday, purple day...And he said to them. "Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation." (Mark 16:15)

Tanner and his class.

On Friday morning, I said to Tanner to get him out of bed, "Its time to get up its your last day of VBS." And he started crying, "I don't want today to be my last day!" He was really upset about his last day, because he was having so much fun!
On Friday, the kids did a little show for the parents. They got up in front and presented some of the songs that they learned over the week. This is Tanner sitting in the pew waiting for the presentation.
Tanner and Tyler were on two different sides of the stage and because there were so many kids, their groups were actually on the floor. Tanner singing one of the songs.
Tyler singing.
After the presentation, I went to pick up the kids and they had their bags of crafts and goodies. Here is Tyler and his stuff.
Tanner so proud to show off his stuff.The boys love VBS, they have remembered the fun since the last year and we are all really excited that next year Tapanga should be able to attend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment