Friday, December 31, 2010

Various Pictures with Various Stories since August

I have a variety of pictures since August time frame that I decided to just put together in this one hodge podge post.

My mother in law often watches the kids when needed. One day when Thomas and I went to pick them up we found them half naked with green fake hair. Diann had bought these headbands for St. Patricks day and the kids decided to use them as a grass skirt and crazy hair. They had a good time dancing around and acting crazy.
Tanner had some money to spend and he was super excited about getting a Nerf shotgun. We had told him to put it on his desk for nighttime, but when I later went in to check on him I found that he decided to sleep with it!
This is the craziest find of the year. I had gotten in the freezer to get some dinner out when I was surprised. Inside the freezer I found a perfectly preserved grasshopper! This was during the late summer when we had quite a few and one of them must have jumped in!
Tapanga got a hold of my socks and shoes one day and decided to put them on herself...to funny!
Thomas has enjoyed his woodworking and so one day he took a block of wood and made it a square. Then he cut it into various pieces for a wooden puzzle.
In checking on the garden in early August, Tanner and Thomas saw a very interesting bug. Not sure what kind of bug it was, but interesting!
Tapanga got a princess lip balm set for her birthday from our friends the Nelsons. After coming home from school she saw this set and asked to open it up. Not only did Tapanga try it out, but Tyler did also!
The boys wanted their picture taken, Tylers didn't come out well, but this is a cute one of Tanner.
In October, we went to Hooters for dinner one night. Tapanga saw this shot glass with a Hooter girl on it and said (in an excited voice), "Mommy thats a princess glass!!" No, I did not get her one!
The boys had a career day at school in November. Tanner wanted to dress as a teacher and we were going to put one of Thomas' ties on him, but he ended up being sick and missing school this day. Tyler wanted to be a sheriff/cowboy so I had this cow material that I did a quick cut and hand sew on to make a vest for him. I don't think it turned out that bad?
The weather was nice all throughout the fall. In mid-November the kids were sent outside to play. They were having a great time and were out there for awhile. I would stick my head out and check on them, but did I miss what they were into! We had about 10 plastic pails/buckets and one of the kids must have dropped it and it broke so they decided to break all of them...Oh was I not happy!
Tyler and Tapanga were the culprits and they had to pick up every piece of plastic...we were not happy!
The kids had a school carnival and while we were there some of the boys school work was posted on the walls. Its always neat to see what they do at school.
For my Bunco I wanted to make my chocolate cake dessert. I used the wrong dish to bake the cake though and thought it was funny when I checked on it...almost spilling out into the oven!
The kids had there Christmas Party/Polar Express day on the last full day before the Christmas holiday. They got to wear their pajamas and I went and bought them some new pajamas just for this. They looked so cute!
We have a standing dinner night with my parents on Wednesday nights, usually its at their house and mom cooks. Many times we play cards also. We have gotten into the habit of playing lots of cards, but we all enjoy it. This night we ate dinner at our house and played cards on the card table in front of the fire.
Being lazy after Christmas, Tanner was worn out and fell asleep on me. Don't mind my looks, I was being lazy with everyone else! How sweet my almost 6 year old cuddled up with mommy.
This picture was taken on the same day Tanner took a nap on me. He woke up in somewhat grumpy mood and went to sit on the other couch, where Tapanga had fallen asleep. Tapanga cuddled up next to him and continued to sleep.
Baking brownies...whats the best part? Licking the spoon and Tyler was sure enjoying this on the 29th of December!

Sometimes, I will take a picture or two that doesn't have much to do with anything, but it shows what is going on in our lives and is important in the story of us.

2 comments:

  1. i love the picture of you in your natural state, you look beautiful....you are a natural beauty. :)
    the cowboy costume did turn out cute and i agree with yuo aboutsome of the pics not needing a post of their own but still wanting to include them. you have done a fabulous job of catching up! i need to do the same!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the pics, it shows your life as it really is everyday my fav kind of post:)

    ReplyDelete