Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Sunday

On Easter morning the boys got up and went into the playroom like normal (they are trained to go into the playroom when they get up and Thomas and I lounge in bed for a little longer). I don't think they even thought about the fact that the Easter bunny had visited! A little later I got up to make breakfast and got the camera ready for the kids to come downstairs . When the kids saw their Easter baskets they were very excited! The enjoyed seeing everything in them and Tapanga loved her teapot! (Tapanga got up late and her hair is WILD!)




















After breakfast we got ready for church. We were going to Fellowship UMC with my in-laws and my parents were going also. Before we left I wanted to take a few family pictures and kid pictures...just in case the kids got dirty! By the way, trying to get a good family picture is almost impossible!

After church, we relaxed at home for a little while till dinner. We enjoyed a family dinner with Thomas' parents, my parents, and Thomas' brother. The boys like to play with Uncle Michael and we don't get to see him much so I was glad he was able to come out and spend some time with us. The kids are very lucky that Thomas and my parents get along so well, they love seeing their grandparents and we don't have choose who we are going to visit, not all children are as lucky as them!





























After dinner, I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to color eggs...this is the first time we had ever done that with the kids. The boys wanted to drop the eggs into the dye a little to quickly...but we stopped that quickly. The boys really liked watching the eggs change colors and it seemed Thomas really enjoyed coloring eggs also, he had to make his extra special!





































We had a very special Easter, we celebrated the reason for the season at church, spent time with family and enjoyed some beautiful weather outside!

2 comments:

  1. love tapanga's dress (didn't see a wild hair on her either :) and tanner's glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kids look like they had fun doing eggs,see not so scary:)

    ReplyDelete