Sunday, April 12, 2009

My 30th Birthday

I had been dreading my 30th birthday (April 3rd), I don't know why, it just seemed odd to think of myself in my 30's. I knew that my husband and mother were planning something. My mother in law mentioned about a week before my birthday that I needed to leave my afternoon free and that she would be picking me up at 2:00. Thomas brought the kids to daycare so that I could sleep in, which was really nice of him...I love to sleep in!

We ended up needing to go pick out stone, around 1:00 we met Thomas to pick out the stone for the front of our house. After choosing stone Diann took me to lunch at The Looking Glass. There I had a really good chicken quesadilla. Once lunch was finished we went to Memory Makers where Diann bought me a Vera Bradley purse and of course she bought herself two new bags!


She then surprised me by taking me to Edan Day Spa. There I got a pedicure and massage. I had never had a massage before, so this was an experience. I don't know if I liked it or not...I suppose it was relaxing and maybe would do it again.

So you may be asking what is mom and Thomas planning (I later find out Joy was in on it too!)...when we finished at Eden, Diann drove me back to the house...where there were 30 pink flamingos in the yard a swimming pool and sand toys on the porch and all my friends cars on the street!


Open the door...SURPRISE!!! All my friends and family that mean so much to me where there to celebrate my birthday! And we celebrated with a murder mystery party, Murder in Maragritaland. My friends were all characters which unfortunately one would "die" before the night was over and it was our job to figure out who did it!









Characters were:
Me-Bindi Barkeep
Thomas-Lifesavin' Sam
Joy-Tatum Tat
Eric-Cabana Bob
Kelley-Izzie Islander
Jeremy-Jack Daniels
Laura-Sandi Beachbum
Loren-Lucky Numbers
Diann-Cotton Candi
Mike-Thurstan Howard III
Mom-Coconut Jane
KG-Coconut Joe
Melissa-Kylie Cocktail
Candi-Sgt. Lord
Liz-Lorna Lamont
JT-Mobangels




Bindi Barkeep was head of a bar in Margaritaland, but Jack Daniels was trying to take over her job. Lifesavin Sam was the lifeguard for the resort. Tatum Tat was a local tattoo artist, Coconut Joe and Jane owned the resort, and Lucky Numbers, Thurstan Howard III and Cotton Candi were all guests. All the other characters were important and all had secrets in regards to the resort and the resort life. Poor Jack ended up dead and in the end it was Lifesavin Sam who was the murderer, because he had a bad drinking habit that he wanted to keep hidden.


The night was great and the company was great! I was really afraid that I was going to be surprised with an Over the Hill party, which I was not wanting. The surprise murder mystery party was awesome and involved some of my favorite things...game playing, friends and family! What a great way to go into my 30's!


No comments:

Post a Comment