Friday, April 10, 2009

Getting Started

As the last five years have passed since the boys were conceived, I have often thought about chronciling things that we have done, things they have done, and just our everyday life. So, five years later here I go. Unfortunately, many things have already passed and what may have been fun or funny or exciting have since been forgotten, but with this blog maybe the future incidents and pieces of ours lives will be recorded and remembered. Who knows, maybe some of those past memories will resurface and get included as the boys and addition of a girl, grow.


Lets start near the beginning:

Thomas and I met at church. I worked in the nursery and Thomas attended with his family. Through circumstances of fate, I joined the church softball team, having never played before in my life! I was 21...Thomas a tad bit younger. Anyway we met, hung out, dated...you get the picture. Thomas proposed in Octoboer of 2002, we were married June 27, 2003, went on a beautiflul cruise.


It wasn't necessarily in the plans to have children right away, but I knew I wanted them soon, so around our first anniversary we started not really trying but not preventing. It didn't take long! In July I found out that I was pregnant...I was very excited, nervous, scared, all possible emotions. The problem was though, that we were scheduled to go on a cruise a week later! Now you may be asking yourself, why didn't they wait until after the cruise to try? IT WASN'T SUPPOSE TO HAVE BEEN THAT EASY! I had always seen shows and stuff where it takes many couples months, even years to concieve, I did not think we would be extra fertal. Lets just say the cruise was not as fun as I would have liked...morning sickness started. It was in August when Thomas and I went for our first doctors appointment and found out just how fertal we were. There were two babies!


Pregnancy itself went pretty well until about the 29th week, when I was put on bedrest. That part went well also because I was waited on hand and foot...its always nice to be pampered! Baby A (Tyler) decided he was ready to come 5 weeks early in the early morning hours of February 9, 2005. Tyler Kage was born at 5:09 and Tanner Michael at 5:10.

The first year with them is a blur! I remember sleepless nights, Tanner was the worst. I remember them trying to roll over and some of the other firsts. I have forgotten how small they use to be, but they were a lot of fun that first year. I do remember that they were happy babies!




It was around the one and half mark for the boys, when we started talking about adding another addition to our growing family. Again, it didn't take us long to get pregnant, but this time it was only one. Thomas wanted to keep the sex of the baby a surprise. So on the morning of August 11, 2007, as the family waited in the waiting room a baby was pulled out, held up and proclaimed "Its a girl!" We were so excited!

The biggest scandal of having a girl that day, was what her name was to be. We had been mulling over Tess or Tori for months, but as the due date approached the family started bickering more and more about which they liked best, so without telling anyone Thomas and I started researching girl names that started with a T. And the morning she was born Thomas asked me what her name was to be, I replied that it was up to him and his decision was: Tapanga...Tapanga Ann Marie Bowers was born at 9:37 on the morning of August 11.




It was a big adjustment, having two little two year old boys and an infant daughter. It has been busy times, Tapanga is now 1 and a half and the boys are 4. Time has flown by. I teach full time at a local middle school and Thomas works full time on post. We are very busy and because of this I have named our blog "In the fast lane with the 5 T's". I have to remember to slow down and maybe as I record our life, I can reflect and enjoy those little moments a little more as I am sure they will continue to fly.
By the way, I have decided I think I am going to like this and I will try my hardest to review some of the big things of 2009.
Thomas, Tiffani, Tyler, Tanner, and Tapanga

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah, you're definitely cut out for bloggyland! welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete