Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 9 - Going Home

Day 9, November 1, 2009

Time to pack up and get ready to head home, we have been gone for more than a week. I have enjoyed most of my time away and think the kids have had a great time. Before heading home today, we are heading to Downtown Disney to do a little shopping and check out a new restaurant, T-Rex.

Tapanga, Tanner, and Tyler enjoy their Mickey ears early in the morning.
At Downtown Disney, the kids enjoy checking out and taking pictures with the different sculptors all around.
After doing a little shopping it is time for lunch, so we head over to this new restaurant T-Rex, where I get the biggest scare of my life. While walking up to the restaurant someone asks where is Tapanga? Huh, shes with Thomas...I think???? THOMAS! Is she with you...No, shes with you, NO she is not! I ran back to the Lego store where we were just at and since Tapanga can't read, it seems she decided to play on the play set that has a big sign, do not play on. I find her sliding down the slide, pick her up and hug her..."You were lost and didn't even know it!"
Luckily, we found her quickly and could enjoy the T-Rex restaurant. This restaurant was created by the Rainforest Cafe creators and is owned by the same people, so you know what kind of experience you are in for. (Some of the pictures aren't that great, but I want to show what we saw!) The bar area is an octopus, where the tentacles move...pretty cool.
I am glad we didn't sit in this room, because it changed colors and when we walked through it everything was the color of the room.
Notice, same room different color!
The Rainforest has rain showers that go off every half hour or so, but this place would have meteor showers every half hour.

What a great way to end our vacation with a new restaurant, new experience for all of us who have visited Orlando and Disney more times than we can remember. I really enjoyed the cruise part of this trip and although I didn't particularly like the ship itself, I am excited about the chance of taking the kids on another cruise. I enjoyed Disney and will never visit Magic Kingdom on Halloween night again, will go back to visit. I absolutely loved the Animal Kingdom Villas! I most definitely want to stay at this resort again, the beauty of it, the fun of their water play area and the space of the rooms was great! Thanks again to Mom and KG for taking us along on a great trip!

1 comment:

  1. whew girl! i know this took quite awhile to catch up....awesome job! the pics are fabulous and it looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete