Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Shopping with the boys

As the holidays have gotten near, I have been thinking about the boys getting older. This year I think they are old enough to pick out gifts for the most important people in their family. Now, I don't trust them enough to give them much money. So, the other day I took the boys and my mother in law to the Dollar Tree with a list of people to buy for.

Before going we talked about choosing gifts for our family based on what those people like. For example, I asked them what Tapanga liked and the boys both replied Princesses. I asked them what Papa liked and they said something like tools. So, ok it seems we have the idea.

I took Tanner shopping and Diann took Tyler. Tanner was pretty quick he would see something and pick it up for a particular person. Tyler had a pretty good idea about the people he was shopping for and wanted to get a few extras, he had to buy presents for the grandparents dogs and cats.

It was a lot of fun to let the kids shop for the family and some of the gifts are pretty funny. For example, Tanner got PaPa a kitchen sponge and Tyler got someone a piece of rope. It will be fun to hear them tell the recipients of the gifts there reason for choosing that gift! I will have to re post with that later!

1 comment:

  1. that was a great idea and neat how they chose something each person would like:)

    ReplyDelete