Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fun with Dippin Dots

Friday, June 5
We came home from safety day with 5 big bags of Dippin Dots plus some individual cones. If you don't know what Dippin Dots are they are little balls of ice cream, that have to be kept VERY cold with dry ice. Anyway, the only reason we came home with so much was because each bag had only one flavor in it and I wanted to sample a variety of flavors.

I figured I could bring some dots to the daycare and serve to the kids as a treat and then I thought I would call our friends the Nelsons to see if they wanted some. Of course, Joy said come on over and so the kids were really excited about going to Ms. Joy's house. She said she had some neighbor kids over and I said that was fine the more the merrier, I had a lot of ice cream left even after serving the daycare kids!
The boys were really excited about going to Ms. Joy's house because they got to jump on her trampoline with the girls. The kids all seemed to enjoy the Dippin Dots. Thomas, Joy and I all had to try the different flavors, we had two bags of banana split, one strawberry, one candy bar crunch(tasted like watermelon), and one bag of honeydew sherbet. I liked the green(honeydew sherbet) and pink(tasted like watermelon) best mixed together.
Here are the kids all playing on the trampoline, before the ice cream.Joy and I serving up some Dippin Dots, do you see how big the bag is?The kids enjoying their dots! Tyler didn't want to eat any, he wanted to play on the trampoline instead.

Joy enjoying some green dots!The kids playing on the trampoline after their dots.

Thomas and I enjoying our dots.I still had a bunch of dots left, so we brought them out to the ball field the next night and offered some to our team, the opposing team, and anyone else who wanted some! Its always fun to share with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment